Bone Thugs n Harmony is a Grammy award-winning group from Cleveland, Ohio. The group consists of five members: Layzie Bone, Flesh-n-Bone, Bizzy Bone, Krayzie Bone and Wish Bone. Easy-E, former member of N.W.A., discovered and signed the group to Ruthless Records in 1993. Four years later, Easy-E passed away from AIDS, and Bone Thugs n Harmony paid tribute to him with “Crossroads”, which won a Grammy award in 1997.
Let’s all bring it in for Wally
Eazy-E, Uncle Charlie
Little Boo, but God’s got them.
And I’m gonna miss everybody
Grammar: Be Going To
Use be going to for the future.
- Use be going to for future plans or intentions, even if the plan or intention is unrealistic.
- Use be going to for future predictions.
- You may also use will to make future predictions.
Subject + am/is/are + going to + base verb
Subject + am/is/are + not + going to + base verb
Am/Is/Are + subject + going to + base verb?
- I am going to fly to San Francisco for the De La Soul concert. It is a plan. I purchased my tickets last week.
- He is not going to visit his parents. He wants to visit his girlfriend’s family.
- Is it going to rain? The clouds are dark, and it is windy. I think it might rain.
Many Americans contract be going to into a single word.
going to = gonna /gÉnÉ/
I’m going to = I’mma /aimÉ/
- miss (verb) – to feel sad because you can no longer see someone you like or love. I really miss my wife. She has been traveling in Europe for three weeks.
- destiny (noun) – the power believed to control the future. Some people believe in God while others believe in destiny.
- decease (noun) – the death of a person. Before the government meeting, we will have a moment of silence to respect the decease.
- Decease is almost always a noun, but it is a verb in the song.
- heaven (heaven) – the place believed to be the home of god where people go when they die. My grandmother believes she will go to heaven. I’m an athiest, so I don’t believe in that.
- eternal (adjective) – without end; existing forever. Nothing on Earth is eternal. All things must come to an end, and we must accept this fact.
- soul (noun) – the spiritual part of a person that is eternal, even after death. Do you think animals have souls?
- hell (noun) – in some religions, it is the place where devils live and where bad people go when they die. I’ll see you in hell!
- devil (noun) – In the Jewish, Christian and Muslim relgions, it is the most powerful evil being. Also called satan.
- pass away (phrasal verb) – to die. Easy-E passed away many years ago.
- murder (noun) – the crime of killing a person intentionally.
- Murder is a noun in the song, but it is also a verb.
How do you remember and honor friends and family who have passed away? What special customs or ceremonies does your family do? Why are some people afraid of dying? Please write your comments below!