The Wu-Tang Clan is an American hip-hop group from Staten Island, New York City. They are one of the biggest and most successful hip-hop groups on the East Coast. The Wu-Tang Clan has nine members, including RZA, GZA, Method Man, Raekwon, Ghostface Killah, Inspectah Deck, U-God, Masta Killa and the late Ol Dirty Bastard. The Wu-Tang Clan first became known in 1993 following the release of the independent single “Protect Ya Neck“, which immediately gave the group a sizable underground following (taken verbatim from Wikipedia).
I smoke on the mic like smoking Joe Frazier.
The hell-raiser, raising hell with the flavor.
Grammar: Using ‘Too’
Deep in the dark with the art to rip the charts apart.
The vandal, too hot to handle
You battle, you’re saying goodbye like Tevin Campbell
The Wu is too slamming for these cold, killing labels.
Some ain’t had hits since I seen Aunt Mabel.
The adverb too is different than very, and they both have different meanings. Too means ‘more than enough’ or ‘more than necessary.’
- Busta Rhymes is a very fast rapper.
- Twista is also a very fast rapper, but he is too fast. I can barely understand him!
Use ‘too’ before adjectives and never before nouns.
too + adjective
- The Wu-Tang Clan is too good for mainstream rap labels.
- The music is too loud. Can you turn it down please?
- Your sister is too old for me. I can’t date her!
too + noun & too + adjective + noun
Use too much before uncountable nouns and too many before countable nouns.
- There is too much information on the Internet. How can I find reliable news?
- I’ve brought too much lugggage with me, and I have to pay a lot of carry-on fees.
- I have too many supervisors at my job. If I make a mistake, I hear about it from four different people.
- He drinks too many cans of soda every day. That’s not healthy.
Here is another possible use:
too + adjective + infinitive
too + adjective + for + noun + infinitive
too + adjective + for + object pronoun + infinitive
- It is too late to take the bus home. We have to walk or call a taxi.
- It is too expensive for my company to hire those lawyers. We will look into another firm.
- It is too cold for us to walk outside.
- Is it possible to have too much of something? For example, can a person have too much love? Too much freedom? Too many friends?
- Complete this sentence: You can never have too many _____.