Kid Cudi is a hip-hop artist and actor from Cleveland, Ohio. Cudi is signed under his own record label, Wicked Awesome Records and Republic Records. He first gained notoriety after the release of his first official full-length project in 2008, a mixtape titled A Kid Named Cudi. The mixtape caught the attention of Kanye West, who subsequently signed Cudi to his GOOD Music label in late 2008.
“Just What I Am” is the lead single from his third studio album Indicud. The song, produced by Cudi himself, features a guest appearance from his longtime friend, frequent collaborator and fellow Cleveland rapper King Chip (taken verbatim from Wikipedia).
Let me tell you about my month y’all. Endless shopping. I had a ball.
I had to ball for therapy. My shrink dont think that helps at all
Grammar: Adjective + Infinitive
Its scary to have a kid walk this Earth.
Infinitives are simple forms of verbs, and they usually occur with to: to walk, to eat, to study, etc. There are many rules about using infinitives in English. This lesson will not cover all of the rules because it is simply an introduction.
Infinitives are often used after adjectives, especially ones relating to reactions, feelings and emotions.
Subject + BE Verb + Adjective + Infinitive
- I’m happy to meet you.
- He was surprised to see his old friends at the party.
- She’s ready to go home.
- I’m so excited to be here!
In addition to adjectives relation to feelings and emotions, other adjectives are used with infinitives: right, wrong, stupid, careful, lucky, likely.
- turn down (phrasal verb) – to reduce the noise, temperature, etc, with a piece of equipment. Can you turn down the music? It’s very loud, and I can’t sleep with it blasting in your room!
- get by (phrasal verb) – manage to live or do something with the money, knowledge and equipment you have. It’s hard to get by on such a small salary. I really hope I get a bonus from work.
- have a ball (idiom) – to enjoy yourself a lot. We had a ball at the party! It was a lot of fun.
- When it rains, it pours (idiom) – an expression or saying… when one bad thing happens to you, many bad things will also happen. I lost my wife, my car and my dog in the same week. When it rains, it pours!
When you have problems in your life, how do you relieve the stress? Many people turn to drugs and alcohol to feel better. Why do you think people use drugs and alcohol to solve their problems? Do you think more therapists and psychologists should be available to help the distressed? Please write your comments below!